Arun Jaitley Stadium formerly known as Feroz Shah Kotla was named upon Firoz Shah Tughlaq. On 12 Sep 2019, stadium got renamed in memory of former Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
Arun Jaitley Stadium hosted its first Test in 1948-49 against West Indies, first ODI in 1982 and first T-20 in 2016. It is also home ground for Delhi Capitals and Delhi Ranji Team .
Arun Jaitley Stadium current capacity is 41,820. It is also 2nd oldest International stadium in India after Eden Gardens
Record Achieved On this ground:
1) Sunil Gavaskar completed his 29th test ton in this ground to equal Don Bradman record of 29 test ton.
2) Anil Kumble took 10 wickets in an innings against Pakistan equaling Jim Laker record.
3) Sachin Tendulkar completed his 35th test ton to overcome Sunil Gavaskar to become batsman with the most Test centuries.
Controversy Regarding Ground:
1) ODI between India and Sri Lanka abandoned due to dangerous pitch. The pitch was reported unprepared was misbehaving and Umpires and referee called of match to avoid any injuries.
2) Smog at the Stadium led to players using anti pollution Masks while playing. It happened during second day of third test of Sri Lankan cricket team in India in 2017-18.